Action In The Darien, Ct Real Estate Market ~ Spring 2013.
April 3rd, 2013.
First Quarter of 2013 the real estate market of single family homes in Darien, Connecticut has held its own compared to same time last year with sales and prices slightly down but with average square foot prices slightly up.
The big news is that currently on the Darien MLS there are 71 homes under deposit and/or with accepted offers and another 122 homes listed for sale. The single family homes for sale range price from $375,000 for a 3 bedroom 936 square foot home up to $15.9 million waterfront estate on 3.16 acres with a 12,000 square foot custom built Hobbs home.
Darien, Connecticut Year to Date (YTD) compared to same time last year single family home sales show that for the first quarter*:
- In 2013 30 homes have sold compared to 32 in 2012
- 2013 average sales price at $1,254,068 down from of $1,307,750 in 2012.
- For both years the average home sold is 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom but average home size shrunk from 3,004 sq. in 2012 to 2,805 sq. in 2013 of first quarter.
- The net result is that the average home price per square foot is UP at $447.08 compared to 2012 of $435.34.
- The average days on the market has averaged around 135.
Darien, Connecticut is a residential community of approximately 20,000 residents that spans approximately 14.9 square miles along Long Island Sound. Darien is only 38 miles from New York City, making for an efficient commute by car or Metro North Commuter Railway of 55 minutes to Grand Central Station, Manhattan.
For all your real estate needs in Darien and lower Fairfield County please call David Popoff, cell 203-228-0646 or e-mail DavidPopoffCt@hotmail.com
To view WPSIR Market Trend newsletters of other towns go to http://www.williampitt.com/eng and visit “LOCAL MARKET TRENDS” section at the bottom of the page.
Median Price: is half are below, half are above
Average Price: are all sold prices are added together into a sum; the sum is then divided by the number of houses that sold.
*Listing and sales information comes from various sources and may not always be accurate. No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy of this information. You should verify any information that is important to your buying decision. Data Source: DARMLS
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Contact David Popoff at William Pitt Sotheby’s for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.