Increase activity in the Darien, Connecticut housing market is shown Year to Date (YTD) compared Year over Year (YOY) with more active listings, sales pending and 18.5% more homes sold than last year. On top of all than more good news is the average days on the market is down 8.6%.
The statistics show that the average Sales Price is down 12.3% from $1,690,929 in 2011 to $1,483,682 for year to date 2012. But that is not all bad news once we take a look at what is behind these average sale price numbers.
The average size home YTD in 2011 was 3,442 square feet with an average square foot sales price of $479.25
The average size home YTD in 2012 was 3,168 square feet with an average square foot sales price of $460.44.
That result shows a decline of $18.81 per square foot which is less than 0.05% decline, which is a much better result than the 12.3% decline shown in the average sales price.
RealEstate.com reports nationwide the real estate market average is up $3.2 trillion in the nine months since the bottom hit in November 2011 and they have a great infograph illustration, click to see more. That reflects on average a home value nationwide has increased $2,700 per month for the nine months since November 2011.
If you are looking to sell or buy real estate it is important to remember that the real estate market is influenced by local economic activity and you should seek out your local professional who can give you’re a good idea on what is happening in the region.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff at William Pitt Sotheby’s for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.