Boat moorings off the coast of Darien, Connecticut fall under the authority of the Darien Harbor Master. There is an easy to use online system in place to fill in your application for a mooring permit. In Darien there are five harbors and coves that are controlled by the Harbor Master but with only one accessible by land, Darien Harbor, unless you are a water front property owner.
- Darien Harbor
- Noroton Bay
- Scott’s Cove
- Zieglier’s Cove
- Beach/Club Area’s
In the Darien Harbor there are two boat clubs:
- Noroton Yacht Club, private club.
- Darien Boat Club opens to any resident of the Town of Darien.
Annual renewal applications for mooring spaces in all Darien waters due by May 1st, you may fill out an application on the online system at any time, there is an annual $10 fee. The wait for an average size boat is between 1 to 2 years with the most popular size boats being between 22 to 27 feet.
About mooring in the Darien waters:
The owner of the designated mooring are responsible for all mooring hardware, installation of hardware and/or purchasing of existing hardware from previous owner.
You will need to follow recommended minimum standards for single point mooring.
Assigned mooring space to be used only for the vessel/boat on application for that season.
Existing mooring locations not used during current season or for which a renewal application was received May 1st will be considered cancelled.
Harbor master maintains a waiting list in accordance to the date of the original application. The waiting list is posted at the Town Hall.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent affiliated with William Pitt Sotheby’s in Darien, Ct. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.Contact David Popoff at William Pitt Sotheby’s for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .