May 11th, 2012.
With rental rates rising nationwide owning a home seems more affordable now especially with mortgage rates yet again hitting a record low. Mortgage buyer Freddie Mac said Thursday that the average rate on 30-year loans ticked down to 3.83%. That’s the lowest since long-term mortgages began in the 1950s. And it’s below the previous record rate of 3.84% reached last week (USA Today)
In lower Fairfield County, Connecticut the year to date data is mixed with unit sales and median sales price are flat or down compared to the same time last year as but with more new listings on the market compared to last year. Click on town name to view full report.
If you would like to sign up for the WPSIR real estate e-mail newsletter please send request to e-mail email@example.com and mention if you like the:
– Town monthly newsletter & statistics ~ specify towns.
– And/or the Fairfield County quarterly update.
To view WPSIR Market Trend newsletters of other towns go to http://www.williampitt.com/eng and visit “LOCAL MARKET TRENDS” section.
Fairfield County is in the southwestern corner of Connecticut. The county population is 916,829 according to the 2010 Census. Fairfield County contains four of the State’s largest cities:-
It is one of the highest-income counties in the United States, ranked sixth in per-capita personal income by the Bureau of Economic Analysis in 2005. The area of the county, known as the Gold Coast, includes the entire southern portion of the county as defined by the U.S. Census Bureau, Super-Public Use Microdata Area (Super-PUMA) region 09600. (wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairfield_County,_Connecticut)
Median Price: is half are below, half are above.
Average Price: are all sold prices are added together into a sum; the sum is then divided by the number of houses that sold.
*Listing and sales information comes from various sources and may not always be accurate. No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy of this information. You should verify any information that is important to your buying decision. Data Source: GFC CMLS, DAR MLS, GRW MLS
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .