According to the statistics that the University of Connecticut’s School of Business’s for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies home value prices over all have fallen from their peak in 2006 in Fairfield County, Connecticut by an average of almost $244,047.
According to the report mid-tier* home values in 14 Fairfield County cities and towns have diminished since 2006 with New Canaan having the largest decrease of $533,058 and Monroe at the opposite end with accumulated decrease of $129,584. Obliviously these are reflective of the median price point of single family homes in each town. Currently in:
- New Canaan the median sold price Year to Date March 2012 is $1,080,000.
- New Canaan median sold price Year to Date 2011 was $1,971,750.
- Monroe the median sold price Year to Date March 2012 is $331,250.
- Monroe median sold price Year to Date 2011 was $378,000.
For more local town housing market statistics go to William Pitt Sotheby’s Local Market Trend Reports. Click on charts below for larger view.
*Mid-tier home values describes the characteristics of homes in the “middle” of each market, those that fall in the middle range of square footage, age and price within a town.
To read more of this article and links go to Darien Patch article “Darien Home Values Down $373,000 Since 2006”
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.Contact David Popoff at William Pitt Sotheby’s for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .