April 10th, 2012.
1 st quarter 2012 year to date single family homes in Darien, Connecticut have seen an increase of homes sold compared to last year with a 3.45% improvement along with new listings jumping up 48.65%. Even with the increase of activity the median sold price has dropped year to date compared to last year by 11.18% from $1,275,000 in 2011 to $1,132,500 for first quarter 2012.
On the Darien MLS there are also an additional 78 single family homes that are under deposit and/or have accepted offers. With that there are also 180 single family homes for sale ranging in price from a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom cottage listed at $395,000 up to a 2003 built 6433 square foot waterfront home listed at $8,950,000.
If you would like to see the the year end report for Darien, Ct. for the past 3 years click here.
click on picture to view larger.
*Listing and sales information comes from various sources and may not always be accurate. No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy of this information. You should verify any information that is important to your buying decision. Data Source: DARMLS
Darien, a residential community of approximately 20,000 residents, spans 14.9 square miles along Long Island Sound. Darien is only 38 miles from New York City, making for an efficient commute by car or Metro North Commuter Railway of 55 minutes to Grand Central Station, Manhattan.
If you would like to sign up for the WPSIR real estate e-mail newsletter please send request to e-mail email@example.com and mention if you like the:
– Town monthly newsletter & statistics ~ specify towns.
– And/or the Fairfield County quarterly update.
To view WPSIR Market Trend newsletters of other towns go to http://www.williampitt.com/eng and visit “LOCAL MARKET TRENDS” section.
Median Price: is half are below, half are above
Average Price: are all sold prices are added together into a sum; the sum is then divided by the number of houses that sold.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .