April 4th, 2012
By David Popoff, William Pitt Sotheby’s International Realty, Darien, Ct.
Darien, Connecticut Year to Date/Year over Year comparison of the single family home market shows an improvement on new listings and pending sales with average sale price down 5.7% (See chart below). Currently on the market are 178 listings starting at the low end with a 2 bedroom, 1 bath cottage listed at $395,000 and running up to the high with a waterfront home listed at $8.95 million on 1.17 acres with 6433 square feet.
Darien has a population of about 19,710 (2007) with an estimated median household income of $176,442 (2009) with an area of 14.9 square miles that includes six parks, two town beaches, athletic fields and tennis courts. There are nine private clubs in Darien along with an ice rink and YMCA. To find more information on the town of Darien click here to go to the William Pitt Sotheby’s Town Guide page.
**Reference: – City-Data.Com, Factfinder.census.gov, Darien MLS, DarienCt.gov.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .