When looking at real estate prices one must take into account the local economic aspects of the region as well as the national trends. Your local real estate expert can help you with the local trends and here in Connecticut it would be William Pitt Sotheby’s International Realty. REAL Trends, Inc. is a communications and consulting company considered to be the leading source of analysis and information on the residential brokerage and housing industry.
Real Trends National Real Estate News Update Feb 7th, 2012.
Distressed Home Sales Taking Toll on Prices According to CoreLogic home prices fell about 5 percent from 2010 to 2011. But if distressed property sales are taken out of the equation the price decline falls to 0.9 percent. This likely doesn’t surprise anyone in the housing market but confirms what everyone suspects – distressed home sales are a main reason for falling home prices. Local real estate prices are hyper local and every region is different.
Economy Continues String of Monthly Improvements
The economy added 243,000 net new jobs in January 2012 with a large private sector gain offsetting continued declines in public sector employment. The unemployment rate dropped to 8.3 percent from 8.5 percent the month earlier. This is the sixth month in row of improving employment.
For Connecticut Real Estate Trends you can view the WPSIR real estate e-mail newsletter @ www.wpsir.com or sign up for automatic monthly delivery please send request to e-mail email@example.com and mention if you like the:
– Town monthly newsletter & statistics ~ specify towns.
– And/or the Fairfield County quarterly update.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .