January 23, 2012.
The number of single family homes in New Canaan, Connecticut that sold in 2011 ended with 191 units, the same amount as in 2010.
But prices were up with the year to date median sold price up 9.31% from 2010 at $1,585,000 and with the average sold home price for 2011 at $1,841,793 which is $150,691 more than 2010.*
Currently on the market are 168 single family homes for sale with 13 pending sales and one closed sale so far for 2012. There are currently 37 Condominiums for sale in New Canaan.*
click on chart for large view.
New Canaan, Connecticut, 06840 has a population of 19,738 (2010 census) and is one of the wealthiest communities in the United States. With a Metro North Branch a train ride to Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan is approximately 60 minutes. The total area of New Canaan is 22.5 square miles and the town website is http://www.newcanaan.info/
If you would like to sign up for the WPSIR real estate e-mail newsletter please send request to e-mail email@example.com and mention if you like the:
– Town monthly newsletter & statistics ~ specify towns.
– And/or the Fairfield County quarterly update.
To view past newsletters go to http://www.williampitt.com/eng and visit “LOCAL MARKET TRENDS” section.
Median Price: is half are below, half are above
Average Price: are all sold prices are added together into a sum; the sum is then divided by the number of houses that sold.
*The statistics presented in Market Tracker are compiled monthly based on figures and data generated by CML MLS & the Greater Fairfield County CMLS. Due to possible reporting inconsistencies, Days on Market (DOM), average prices and rates of appreciation should be used to analyze trends only. Property and statistical data is derived from CML MLS is solely for your personal, non-commercial use in buying or selling a property and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be verified. All representations and warranties regarding the information are disclaimed.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .