Dec 12, 2011.
Compared to 2010 the real estate market for 2011 year to date, YTD, in Lower Fairfield County, Connecticut seems to be fairly stable with the number of sales on average a little lower but prices remaining close to the same and in some towns even up.
In Greenwich the Year to Date number of units is up a 13.01% compared to that same time period in 2010 with the average home price down only 2.08% currently at $2,453,142.
Stamford meanwhile is a little below last year’s numbers with unit sales at 489 just below 2010 of 491 but with average sales price down 6.77% with a year to date average of $657,428.
Darien unit sales are down 6.64% but with the average sales price up just 0.05% at $1,682,391.
Norwalk volume is down 14.32% in single family homes sales but with prices up 2.62% YTD average 579,966.
New Canaan is showing an improvement from 2010 with unit sales up 2.21% and average sales prices up 8.14%, YTD average $1,858,278.
Click on chart for large view.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.