November 30, 2011.
Connecticut has over 8,000 homes green energy efficient homes already built and more to come.
The 2011 “House of the Year” awarded by the Builders Association of Eastern Connecticut shows that these energy efficient homes do not have to be expensive with a price tag of $220,000 and at 1600 square feet of ultra-green.
A new residential development consisting of eight smart-sized ‘green’ sustainable custom single family homes is under way in Darien with the first one priced at $1,395,000. This unit is a 3 bedroom, 3 ½ bathrooms, and two car garage unit with approximately 2,800 square feet being fitted out with high end features. To read more on Noroton Green in Darien click here.
Currently in Connecticut there are 3 main ‘green’ rating systems that are 3rd party verified to rate these sustainable homes.
Energy Star for Homes is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy with 1,278,162 Energy Star qualified homes built to date. In Connecticut there are 8,293 Energy Star qualified homes built with 314 of them built in 2011 year to date.
U.S. Green Building Council has a certification program for residential and commercial building called LEED with more than 14,000 certified home.
There are currently in Connecticut 16 LEED certified completed home projects and 6 project seeking LEED certification.
All in total in Connecticut are 193 residential and commercial LEED projects with 80 that have completed certification.
National Association of Home Builders and National Green Building Standard Certification have a total of 6744 Green Certified units and lots with 11 of them in Connecticut. Projects in the process are not counted.
David Popoff is a license Realtor in lower Fairfield County, Connecticut and a 40 year resident who resides in Darien since 2004.
Dave’s Green Affiliations are:
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct.
- Member of the Darien, Greenwich and Greater Fairfield County MLS.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.