Fairfield County Ranks Among Best Places To Live In Connecticut.
The November 2011 issue of Connecticut Magazine has just published “Rating the Towns 2011” for the state. Many of Fairfield County’s towns have ranked high in the list, with Greenwich, Westport, Ridgefield and Weston leading the way in their groups. Many other Fairfield towns are in the top five such as Darien, New Canaan, Wilton, Stamford and Danbury. The ratings are on five criteria:
Education ~ based on five elements such as test scores, SAT’s and high school graduates who continued education.
Economy ~ took into factor local economy factors such as unemployment rate & per capita income.
Cost of Living ~ most weight was on median price of a single family home.
Crime ~ based on major crimes figures from the states Department of Public Safety.
Leisure & Culture ~ includes Library expenditures, number of theaters, museums, festivals, concerts venues, historic sites, colleges & universities, golf courses, state parks, voter turnout, restaurant ratings, and local newspapers.
The towns that are rated are broken into four groups based on population:
Towns with population over 50,000.
25,000 to 50,000 populations.
15,000 to 25,000 populations.
Towns with 10,000 to 15,000 populations.
Click here to go to Connecticut Magazine to read article, once at article click on buttons to go to different group. (See example below).
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. A life time resident of Fairfield County he has worked throughout lower Fairfield County for over 30 years and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Darien, Greenwich and Greater Fairfield County MLS.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct.
Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.