October 10, 2011
Market housing data for single family homes in Rowayton, Connecticut.
Rowayton had 1 sale in September at $742,500 but as of today according the the Greater Fairfield County MLS there are 8 other homes under deposit and 66 single family homes for sale.
During the 3rd quarter Rowayton had 8 sales which are down from the 16 sales for 3rd quarter of 2010 with an average sales price of $1,164,125 compared to $1,587,969 of 2010.
Year to date homes sales total 40 which is up from 37 (through Sept 2010) along with the median sales price being the same as ytd 2010 of $1,312,000.
Rowayton has a population of about 3,569 with an estimated median household income of $110,498 in an area of 1.197 square miles. Rowayton is part to the city of Norwalk and is the 6th taxing district. Rowayton’s originally was an oyster and fishing village along the 5 Mile River but now is home to sailing, pleasure crafts and motor boats. Pinkney Park hosts annual events such as Shakespeare on the Sound, evening outdoor concerts, River Ramble Fair and the weekly farmer’s market. Bailey Beach is the town’s beach with playground, basketball court, volleyball area, and pavilion and picnic area.
Median Price: is half are below, half are above
Average Price: are all sold prices are added together into a sum; the sum is then divided by the number of houses that sold.
*This information is based on the William Raveis Real Estate Local Housing Data report, Greater Fairfield County CMLS and the Darien MLS which is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed. Information deemed critical to buying decision should be independently verified
**Reference: – City-Data.Com, Factfinder.census.gov, Greater Fairfield County MLS, William Raveis Home Data, ZipAreaCode.net., Darien MLS
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. A life time resident of Fairfield County he has worked throughout lower Fairfield County and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, New Canaan, Rowayton and other parts of Connecticut.