October 10th, 2011
Market housing data for single family homes in New Canaan, Connecticut.
New Canaan, Connecticut 3rd quarter results saw an increase in median sales price of 10.3% to $1,658,000 with a total of 63 unit sales compared to 80 sold units in 3rd quarter 2010.
For the month of September New Canaan had a 22% increase in sales compared to September 2010 but along with that came a 7.2% decrease in median sales price of $1,530,450 and a small increase in inventory of 257 which compares to 261 in 2010.
Year to Date sales in New Canaan are 160 with an average sales price of $1,876,175 and median sales price of $1,592,500 both up from YTD 2010 (Sept) of 7.3% and 8.9% respectively.
William Raveis Website, Raveis.com, has a great tool for owners, sellers & buyers called ‘Local Housing Data’. On this page it will give you all the local up to date data & statistic for the town you are interested in.
New Canaan has an area of about 22.5 square miles with a population of about 19,811 (2009) with an estimated median household income of $141,592. South of downtown is Waveny Park (WP) open to all town residents with 250 acres offering such amenities as paddle courts, sport fields, walking trails, home to Powerhouse Performing Arts Center and Carriage Barn Theatre. Waveny Park is also home to the WP Swimming Pool and Spencer’s Run Dog Park. General hours for the park are dawn to dusk all year with free parking.
Median Price: is half are below, half are above
Average Price: are all sold prices are added together into a sum; the sum is then divided by the number of houses that sold
*This information is based on the William Raveis Real Estate Local Housing Data report and the Greater Fairfield County CMLS which is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed. Information deemed critical to buying decision should be independently verified
**Reference: – City-Data.Com, Factfinder.census.gov, Greater Fairfield County MLS, William Raveis Home Data, ZipAreaCode.net., NewCanaan.info, NewCanan.patch
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. A resident of Fairfield County for over 40 years with 30 years of work experience throughout lower Fairfield County and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Member of the Darien MLS, Greenwich MLS & Greater Fairfield County, Ct MLS.
- NAR Green designee.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in lower Fairfield County, Connecticut.