Fairfield County, Connecticut 3rd Qt Housing Report, 2011.
October 10, 2011
The average sale prices year to date (YTD) of single family homes seem to be holding their own in Fairfield County, Connecticut compared to last year, running from the low positive single digit numbers to just bouncing on the negative side. Wilton and Norwalk are leading the charge at 8.45% and 8.36% respectively and on the opposite side of the spectrum you have Rowayton and Bridgeport down 10.72% & 11.80% respectively. Just after Bridgeport the town of Sherman has seen a dramatic drop YTD of 30.47% with a total of 16 sales YTD.
Year to Date Unit Sales of single family homes are showing a wider percentage swing with Riverside Neighborhood, Greenwich up 31.88% and on the opposite side are Easton and Sherman at -35.38% and -36% respectively. Greenwich, Fairfield and Stamford all have over 400 unit sales YTD with Norwalk and Bridgeport in the 300+ unit sale range.
The Year to Date Average Sale prices range from the high of $3+ million for Greenwich, to Wilton at $949,283, Norwalk at $661,849 and Bridgeport at $143,102.
CLICK ON CHART FOR LARGER VIEW.
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien.
A resident of Fairfield County for over 40 years with a background in residential construction and property management.
- NAR Green designee.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in lower Fairfield County, Connecticut. Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Member of the Darien MLS, Greenwich MLS & Greater Fairfield County, Ct MLS.