3rd Qt 2011 Housing Market Report For Darien, Connecticut.
October 10, 2011.
For the third quarter of 2011 71 single family homes sold in Darien, Ct. compared to 88 last year with the median sale price 1.1% lower than 2010 at $1,295,000.
Out of the 71 sales, 16 took place during September (single family homes) compared to September 2010 of 13 homes sold with current inventory at 185 homes for sale.
Year to date there have been 189 unit sales in Darien compared to 2010 (ytd) of 211 with a median sale price of $1,400,000 up 5.7% from 2010.
Darien has an area of 14.9 square miles and a population of about 19,710 (2007) with an estimated median household income of $176,442 (2009). Darien has six parks, two town beaches, athletic fields, tennis courts and nine private clubs along with an ice rink and YMCA.
Median Price: is half are below, half are above
Average Price: are all sold prices are added together into a sum; the sum is then divided by the number of houses that sold.
*This information is based on the William Raveis Real Estate Local Housing Data report which is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed. Information deemed critical to buying decision should be independently verified
**Reference: – City-Data.Com, Factfinder.census.gov, Greater Fairfield County MLS, William Raveis Home Data, ZipAreaCode.net., NewCanaan.info, NewCanan.patch, Darien MLS, Greenwich MLS
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. A resident of Fairfield County for over 40 years with 30 years of work experience throughout lower Fairfield County and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Member of the Darien MLS, Greenwich MLS & Greater Fairfield County, Ct MLS.
- NAR Green designee.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in lower Fairfield County, Connecticut.