Housing Data Darien, Ct ~ May 2011.
Single family housing sales in Darien, Connecticut for May 2011 were 29, up one sale compared to May 2010 of 28. Over a 3 month period unit sales for May, 2011 were 57 compared to 65 for May 2010, a 12.3% drop.
The good news is that over a 3 month period average sales price in 2011 vs. 2010 were up 7.3% and the median sales Price up 5% (see chart below)
Inventory of 221 in May was up 9.4% from 202 in April but down 9.1% from 243 in May of 2010. New listings in May moved up to 57 from 55 in April.
William Raveis Website, Raveis.com, has a great tool for owners, sellers & buyers called ‘Local Housing Data’. On this page it will give you all the local up to date data & statistic for the town you are interested in.
Median Price: is half are below, half are above
Average Price: are all sold prices are added together into a sum; the sum is then divided by the number of houses that sold.
*This information is based on the William Raveis Real Estate Local Housing Data report and the Darien MLS which is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed. Information deemed critical to buying decision should be independently verified
**Reference: – William Raveis Home Data, DMLS
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. A resident of Fairfield County for 40 years along with working locally for 30 years, he now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- NAR Green Designee.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, New Canaan, Rowayton and other parts of Connecticut.