I attended a seminar last week relating to “Building & Selling High Performance Green Homes” which was mostly attended by builders. One of the complaints by the builders was that the real estate agents are not knowledgeable about sustainable green homes. The National Association of Realtors (NAR) offers a ful course along with passing exams to earn a designation of NAR Green. The NAR’s Green designation provides agent’s cutting edge green real estate education and membership to the Green Resource Council.
Currently NAR’s Green Resource Council is offering savings of nearly $100 off of two main educational programs, NAR’s Green Core Course and Residential Elective for a limited time.
A lot of people today are greenwashing, or falsely claiming to be green. To help you distinguish fact from fiction the Green Resource Council provides NAR Green Designees with up to date resources and ongoing education about:
- Green Materials
- Energy Efficient Technology
- Green Ratings
- Green Design
- Green Incentive
- Green Living and more.
For builders, home buyers and sellers if you are looking for a Green Realtor you can find one at the GreenREsourceCouncil.org website. There are currently about 50 in the state of Connecticut. I am currently enrolled in the program attended courses. As well as studying for the NAR’s Green I am a designated Certified Green Professional (CGP) by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and a certified LEED AP Homes by the US Green Building Council (USGBC).
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. A life time resident of Fairfield County he has worked throughout lower Fairfield County for over 30 years and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, New Canaan, Rowayton and other parts of Connecticut.
Tweet this post
~ David A. Popoff ~ Licensed Connecticut Realtor ~ LEED AP Homes accredited ~ Cell (203) 228-0646 ~
click on logo to go to website