1st Qt. 2011 Home Data Report, Darien, Connecticut.
With an area of 14.9 square miles Darien has a population of about 19,710 (2007) with an estimated median household income of $176,442 (2009). Darien has six parks, two town beaches, athletic fields, tennis courts and nine private clubs along with an ice rink and YMCA.
First quarter of 2011 market housing data for single family homes in Darien, Connecticut.
Unit Sales total are 28 down from 2010 of 38.
Median Sale Price are down 5.9% from 2010 and are at $1,270,000.(2011)
Inventory is at 164 down from 2010 of 190.
The first quarter of the Darien real estate market has had a slow start which is thought to be caused by one of the snowiest winters in recent years along with a slow recovering economy. As of April 12, 2011 according the Darien Multiple Listing Service (DMLS) for Darien:
- 3 more single family homes have been sold
- 24 single family homes under contract to be sold
- 38 single family homes have accepted offers with contingencies.
William Raveis Website, Raveis.com, has a great tool for owners, sellers & buyers called ‘Local Housing Data’. On this page it will give you all the local up to date data & statistic for the town you are interested in.
Median Price: is half are below, half are above
Average Price: are all sold prices are added together into a sum; the sum is then divided by the number of houses that sold.
*This information is based on the William Raveis Real Estate Local Housing Data report and the Darien MLS which is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed. Information deemed critical to buying decision should be independently verified
**Reference: – City-Data.Com, Factfinder.census.gov, Darien MLS, DarienCt.gov, William Raveis Home Data.
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. A life time resident of Fairfield County he has worked throughout lower Fairfield County and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, New Canaan, Rowayton and other parts of Connecticut.
Tweet this post
~ David A. Popoff ~ Licensed Connecticut Realtor ~ LEED GA accredited ~ Cell (203) 228-0646 ~