2010 year End Housing Statistics in Darien, Rowayton & New Canaan, Ct.
For the year end of 2010 the housing statistics for Darien, Rowayton and New Canaan, Connecticut show that unit sales are up from 2009 according to the William Raveis Housing Data Site.
Single Family Properties.
For single family properties Darien unit of sales are up 35.7% from 2009 along with the average year to date (YTD) up 17.9%
Darien, YTD 2010
- A total of 247 single family properties sold in 2010 compared to 182 in 2009.
- The year to date average sales price in 2010 was $1,695,794 compared to 2009 of $1,438,205.
- The median sale price in 2010 was $1,325,000 up 15.9% from 2009 at $1,143,500
- The sale to list price ratio for the year was 94% with the market time sold of 140 days.
Rowayton, which is the 6th taxing district of Norwalk, had a YTD of unit home sales were up 6% while Norwalk on a whole was up 14.2% year to date for 2010 with Rowayton’s average sales price was up 42.5%.
Rowayton, YTD 2010
- A total of 52 single family properties sold in 2010 compared to 49 in 2009 for Rowayton.
- The YTD average sales price for 2010 was $1,439,356 compared to 2009 of $1,009,661 for Rowayton.
- Norwalk had a total of 506 single family properties and 229 condominiums sold in 2010. In 2009 Norwalk had 443 single family properties and 224 condominiums.
New Canaan had an increase of 45.4% in unit home sales in 2010 compared to 2009 with the average sales price increase of 2.1%
New Canaan, YTD 2010
- A total of 192 single family properties sold in 2010 compared to 132 in 2009.
- The YTD average sales price for 2010 was $1,704,612 compared to 2009 of $1,669,515.
*This information is based on the William Raveis Real Estate Local Housing Data report and is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed. Information deemed critical to buying decision should be independently verified.
William Raveis Website, Raveis.com, has a great tool for owners, sellers & buyers called ‘Local Housing Data’. On this page it will give you all the local up to date data & statistic for the town you are interested in.
Median Price: is half are below, half are above
Average Price: are all sold prices are added together into a sum; the sum is then divided by the number of houses that sold.
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. David is a lifetime Fairfield County resident who grew up in Rowayton, Ct. and a resident of Darien, Ct since 2004.
An accredited LEED Green Associate (LEED GA) by the United States Green Build Council (USGBC) and a Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member of the HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, New Canaan, Rowayton and other parts of Connecticut.
Tweet this post
~ David A. Popoff ~ Licensed Connecticut Realtor ~ LEED GA accredited ~ Cell (203) 228-0646 ~