Luminary Lighting Set for December 12th, 2010. Fairfield County, Connecticut.
“HOPE LIGHTS LIVES” originated in 1973 and has become an annual community event that raises money for the Center for HOPE and The Den for Grieving Kids. The lighting of Luminaries is set for December 12th, 2010 at 5:00 pm, with thousands of families from Greenwich to Wilton will adorn their front lawns with luminaries. Darien Boy Scout Troop 53 will also light up Darien’s Tilley Pond Park, across the street from Darien train station, with hundreds of luminaries.
Last year over 5,000 families purchase the Luminary kits. In Darien there were over 170 block captain to help order kits and organize the event. If you have missed ordering with your block captain you can still pick up the Luminary kits at local retailers. William Raveis Real Estate is one of the leading sponsor’s of this year’s event. Additional Luminary Kits can be picked up at the William Raveis offices in Darien and Rowayton. For a complete list of where to get your Luminary Kits in Darien, Rowayton, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Weston and Wilton click here.
Each kit costs $25 and contains 12 tea light candles, 12 white paper bags and 12 plastic deli containers. All proceeds benefit Family Centers’ critical illness and bereavement support group offered through the Center for HOPE and The Den for Grieving Kids. You can learn more about Family Centers at their website – http://www.familycenters.org/
For information on Luminary night, Dec. 12, 2010 please click here.
Block Captains will be delivering pre-ordered kits from Wednesday Dec 8th to Saturday December 11th, 2010. Rain date for lighting of Luminary’s is Sunday December 19th, 2010.
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. David grew up in Rowayton and is a life time resident of Fairfield County. He has worked throughout lower Fairfield County and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtor’s, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtor’s, NAR.
- Is a LEED Green Associate (LEED GA) by the United States Green Build Council (USGBC) and member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and Associate member of the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, New Canaan, Rowayton and other parts of Connecticut.
~ David A. Popoff ~ Licensed Connecticut Realtor ~ LEED GA accredited ~ Cell (203) 228-0646 ~