As you drive around Darien, Connecticut this December you will see many signs on the ”Shuffle Referendum” Yes or NO? The town is buzzing with the debate of should we do the shuffle or not?
The appropriation of $7 million for The Shuffle would move the senior center programs from Edgerton Street to Town Hall and the Board of Education offices from Town Hall to 35 Leroy Ave. VoteYesDarien.com are in favour of the shuffle.
The opponents to the shuffle, StopTheShuffle.com say that this is an unnecessary use of tax payer’s money:
- Moving 30 full time Board of Education administers to the old library at a cost of $86,000 per employee
- 23,000 square foot senior center is too large and not needed.
The Referendum will be voted on December 13th, 2011 currently scheduled from 6 am to 8 pm. The vote will be paper ballot at sex regular polling locations in Darien.
In the past 22 years there have been five referendum votes in Darien, Connecticut.
Even the local high school students have gotten involved with the debate, check out the school paper and useful links.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.