As we are nearing the end of 2010 we are beginning to see the house trend for single family homes for the year 2010. The numbers seem to indicate and upward momentum from 2009 with more homes sold and with an average home price up in some markets. Darien number of sales year to date (YTD) as of November is up 43% from last year with a YTD average sales price of $1,681,472. New Canaan’s home sales year to date as of November compared to last year up 47% and Rowayton showing steady at a gain of 2%.
Single Family Properties.
Darien ~ November 2010
- Current sales for November were 10 homes.
- The Year to Date (YTD) Average Sales Price to November 2010 is $1,681,472.
- Year to date November 2010 number sold units is 226 up from totals in YTD November 2009 of 157 single family homes.
- Current month inventory of homes 157 with market time sold 144 days.
New Canaan ~ November 2010
- Current sales for November were 15 homes.
- The Year to Date Average Sales Price of November 2010 is $1,718,456.
- Year to date unit sales November 2010 is 181 up from YTD November 2009 of 123.
Rowayton ~ November 2010
- Current sales for November were 3 homes.
- Year to day November 2010 number sold is 45, YTD of November 2009 was 44.
- The Year to Date Average Sales Price to November 2010 is $1,460,144, up from YTD average sales price November 2009 of $ 1,003,407.
*This information is based on the William Raveis Real Estate Local Housing Data report and is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed. Information deemed critical to buying decision should be independently verified.
William Raveis Website, Raveis.com, has a great tool for owners, sellers & buyers called ‘Local Housing Data’. On this page it will give you all the local up to date data & statistic for the town you are interested in.
Median Price: is half are below, half are above
Average Price: are all sold prices are added together into a sum; the sum is then divided by the number of houses that sold.
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. David is a lifetime Fairfield County resident who grew up in Rowayton, Ct. and a resident of Darien, Ct since 2004.
An accredited LEED Green Associate (LEED GA) by the United States Green Build Council (USGBC) and a Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member of the HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, New Canaan, Rowayton and other parts of Connecticut.